Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring has officially arrived!

Today I spotted two white butterflies fighting in someone's yard, I'm not sure if they were cabbage whites or spring whites, but they are the first of the year!  Next weekend I'll be heading up to the Sinlahekin Wildlife Area to scout out some early spring butterflies I need to photograph, as well as an attempt to find a particular species we believe should be there, and that would be a new record for the Sinlahekin.
I worked on photographing more of the specimens from the wildlife area this week; here is a sample for your enjoyment:
Blue Copper Lycaena heteronea
    

Purplish Copper Lycaena helloides


Behr's Hairstreak Satyrium behrii


"Cascadia" Blue Euphilotes (new species being described)

Boisduval's Blue Plebejus icarioides

No comments:

Post a Comment